[wpkg-users] WPKG Client v1.0rc6 & WPKG 1.0-rc8 - enviromental variable

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 26 15:10:16 CET 2008

Hi Paul,

> WPKG installed a few packages (Acrobat Pro, Visual Studio 2005) but the
> other packages it totaly skipped. It look like wpkg-1.0-rc8 had issues
> with the enviromental variable '%SOFTWARE%'. In most of the failed
> installation wpkg complains that it can't find the install file.

Hmm, I am using the %SOFTWARE% variable as well. However it is not set
by WPKG but by WPKG-Client. It looks quite strange to me that simply
replacing wpkg.js with 0.9.x seems to fix the problem for you (without
changing WPKG-client). As far as I remember the method to evaluate
environment variables did not change.

> If I move the .9.10 version of wpkg back into place and reboot, the
> skipped installations continue. I am going to troubleshoot this issue some
> more.

Could you post an export of the WPKG-client settings (XML export)?