[wpkg-users] Can WPKG install packages while user is at desktop

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Mar 26 17:18:10 CET 2008

in your packages.xml if its already ran the command, you'll need to
increment the revision by 1 for it to run again.

my packages.xml for seamonkey is:

<package
   id="seamonkey"
   name="Mozilla Seamonkey"
   revision="167"
   reboot="false"
   priority="10"
   execute="once">
   <check type="file" condition="exists"
path="%programfiles%\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" />
   <install
cmd='"\\roark\wpkg\pkg\seamonkey-1.1.4.en-US.win32.installer.exe" -ma
-ira' />
<!-- <install cmd='cmd /c del /s /q
"%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\mozilla.lnk' /> -->
   <install cmd='\\roark\wpkg\files\Set_Seamonkey_as_default.cmd' />
   <upgrade
cmd='"\\roark\wpkg\pkg\seamonkey-1.1.4.en-US.win32.installer.exe" -ma
-ira' />
   <upgrade cmd='\\roark\wpkg\files\Set_Seamonkey_as_default.cmd' />

   <remove cmd='"%SYSTEMROOT%\SeaMonkeyUninstall.exe -ms"' />
</package>

change the install/upgrade lines to what you need for firefox.  notice
the revision= statement?