[wpkg-users] Can WPKG install packages while user is at desktop

Steve Handy shandy at global-com.com
Wed Mar 26 20:49:40 CET 2008

Well I used something different. Here it is:

<package
    id="firefox"
    name="Mozilla Firefox 2.0"
    revision="20014"
    reboot="false"
    priority="10">

    <check type="logical" condition="or">
      <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox (2.0)" />
      <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.13)" />
    </check>

    <check type="file" condition="exists" path="%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"/>

    <install cmd='"\\Store1\Mozilla\Firefox Setup 2.0.0.13.exe" -ms' />

    <upgrade cmd='"\\Store1\Mozilla\Firefox Setup 2.0.0.13.exe" -ms' />

    <remove cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" /s' />

</package>

Now the revision has to incremented each time I uninstall the program and try to reinstall it. How do I eliminate this. (If I a person offsite removes the software, the reinstallation of it will not occur, or am I wrong)