[wpkg-users] Can WPKG install packages while user is at desktop - Lets move on the 2nd problem

Steve Handy shandy at global-com.com
Wed Mar 26 21:58:31 CET 2008

One more thing though. Why is it that when I uninstall the firefox, and then run the cscript \\.... /sync.., the program doesn't install.

Let's move on Rainer:

 So basically what I have I good. Great. Okay, now here is the 2nd dilemma.

We have employees here at my organization. They have offsite laptops. Currently they use the Windows PPTP VPN client to connect to the company from outside. When they initially boot, they DO NOT HAVE a network connection established. (So  WPKG will NOT install software at this point). When they arrive at their respective desktops, they establish a network connection via Sprint broadband air cards they have. They then click the VPN icon to establish a VPN connection into the company.

Here is where WPKG comes in, I need the WPKG to execute the cscript \\Store1\WPKG\wkpg.js /Synchronize /quiet and check for packages that need to be installed. (and install if necessary).

How do I make this happen?

In addition we are now eliminating the PPTP VPN client method and using a SSL VPN method where our employees are taken to a webpage via a public url https://portal.callglobalcom.com and thru active x components are brought "inside the company" How can WPKG work in this scenario? The SSL VPN is created by a Sonic Wall device.

Thanks