[wpkg-users] Thanks for everything - WPKG is nice but it still needs improvement

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 26 23:26:29 CET 2008

 > Re: [wpkg-users] Thanks for everything - WPKG is nice but it still
 > needs improvement

PEBCAK?

Well, everything can be improved. But up to now nothing except user
failure has been proven by you. Just repeating that it's failing for you
without providing exact information about the environment (used XML
files, config, parameters and the resulting log files) it's hard to
help. However we tried hard. If it is not working for you probably
you're happier booking a course on group policies and deploying MSI
packages to the clients.

WPKG was designed to be much more flexible but sure it might be too
complicated for some users to get it working. I also agree that the
documentation (especially some example setup configurations) should be
enhanced.

In any case even the best documentation does not help much if it is not
read and not followed. You might start by using 'cscript wpkg.js /help'
and read the printed information. Understanding the commands and flags
is crutial to use a system like WPKG.