[wpkg-users] Thanks for everything - WPKG is nice but it still needs improve

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Thu Mar 27 00:01:09 CET 2008

Hi,

> You wrote that after removing Firefox, rebooting and then manually
> executing WPKG it did not re-install it. This is exactly the situation I
> testet many many times and it works perfectly.
I've noticed WPKG not installing the application again after it has been uninstalled by a user manually a couple times too but I never actually tested it since i knew there is the /force parameter (which currently doesnt really work ;).
Since I currently have the resources (test servers and clients as many as I want/need) and time I'll run a couple tests in my test environment tomorrow and supply you with my finding on the issue.
The ultimate goal here should be to get WPKG as bug-free and yet feature-rich while still useable. ;)

>From your other email:
> But up to now nothing except user failure has been proven by you.
> Just repeating that it's failing for you without providing exact information
> about the environment (used XML files, config, parameters and the resulting
> log files) it's hard to help. However we tried hard.
I recently found this link ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html ) to be quite a good and amusing read. It was written by the author of the Telnet/SSH client PuTTY.

-
jens