[wpkg-users] install the wpkg client manually

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 27 12:32:01 CET 2008

Kent Tong schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to install the wpkg client manually (as opposed to running
> the msi file)?
> I am asking because trying to install the wpkg client v1.2.0 on our Windows
> 2003
> Terminal Server failed with the error "This application has requested the
> Runtime to
> terminate it in an unusual way".

It *should* work if you have the files usually found in %PROGRAMFILES%\wpkg.

But I'll verify if it really works - will keep you updated later today,
with some instructions if it works.

That being said, perhaps a better idea would be to try to find out why
it fails to install in the first place.

Did you try WPKG Client "1.2.0" or "1.2.0-rc6"?
I know the "1.2.0" version failed to install for at least two people,
but "1.2.0-rc6" worked in the same environment - but I can't reproduce
it, unfortunately.