[wpkg-users] Profile inconsistency when using separate files instead of a single file

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Mar 31 12:06:40 CEST 2008

Bonjour!
> For now, i'm using a single file for packages, profiles and hosts. But a
better way should be using separate files for these things.

> So, i did a first try with packages.xml :
>
> -> packages.xml contains only <packages></packages>.

Should contain:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
</packages>

> -> created a lot of package-name.xml files in a "packages" folder.
>
> I thought that was good, but now logs are full of warnings :
>
> WARNING: Profile inconsistency: Package with ID 'package' listed in
profile but missing in package database. Package information found on
local installation:|Package ID: package|Package name: Package|Package
revision: 1|

> If it could be useful to help, i'm using 1.0RC7 on a French Windows XP.
Could you please create a logfile using wpkg.js /debug
(see wpkg.js /help or http://wpkg.org/WPKG_flags#Rarely_used_parameters)?

Have a look at the messages and/or logfile and try to find out why the xml
files have not been processed (missing xml headers, I guess?)

If you cannot find the reason, send us the log file.

Best regards,
Falko

--
Falko Trojahn                     fon +49-341-3581294
Dipl-Ingenieur Netzwerke/Support  fax +49-341-3581295

SMI Softmark Informationstechnologien GmbH
Sitz: D-04416 Markkleeberg, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 51
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig HRB 164
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Griesmann