[wpkg-users] Profile inconsistency when using separate files instead of a single file

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Mar 31 15:08:56 CEST 2008

Sébastien BEAUDLOT ecrit:
>> Could you please create a logfile using wpkg.js /debug
>> (see wpkg.js /help or http://wpkg.org/WPKG_flags#Rarely_used_parameters)?
>>
>> Have a look at the messages and/or logfile and try to find out why the
>> xml
>> files have not been processed (missing xml headers, I guess?)
>>
>> If you cannot find the reason, send us the log file.
>
> Tried this.
> It seems that my separate package files are processed, i got :
>
>  DEBUG: Trying to read XML files from directory: \\server\wpkg\packages
>
> and after that, a lot of lines like this ( one for each XML file ) :
>
>  DEBUG: Reading XML file: //server/wpkg/packages/test-package.xml
>
> And finally :
>
>  DEBUG: Package file contains 0 packages:
>

> I've tried to delete local wpkg.xml, and warnings are now errors :
>
>  ERROR: Profile inconsitensy: Package with ID 'package' is listed in
> profile but does not exist within the package database or local settings
> file. Please contact your system administrator.
>

> Don't know why WPKG does not take care of my packages ....

I just repeat in case you didn't read:
>> If you cannot find the reason, send us the log file.

You can also try:
cscript wpkg.js /synchronize /quiet /debug >testlog.txt
and send us this file.

If I would try to move from packages.xml to different xml files in
packages\, I would - instead of cleaning whole packages.xml - suggest to
only comment (or delete) one package within packages.xml, create a
packages\(packagename).xml with the lines

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
  (lines of the commented package here)
</packages>

and test if that works. If it is ok, you can move the other packages to
single xml files.

Thanx,
Falko