[wpkg-users] Questions about offline mode and executing the wpkg service

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Fri May 2 06:07:36 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Some machines seem to enable network much later (wireless, but also some
> wired ones) - even if technically the network is started alreay. There
> WPKG will almost never work (network is technically started, but it
> really isn't, we can't connect -> stop everything).

If you use "WPA enterprise" wireless authentication, then it is not
enabled until after the user logs in, as windows looks up the name &
password for WPA to use based on the logged in user.

(This was not the issue I was having however with off-line mode not
working; I disabled the wireless network port so it wouldn't interfere
and unplugged the wired port).

Brian May