[wpkg-users] WPKG Client v1.2.1 and slipstreamed WinXP SP3 - fails

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue May 13 18:23:22 CEST 2008

Hi Paul,

Paul Griffith wrote:
> I just tried to install WPKG Client v1.2.1 with WinXP SP3 (slipstreamed) and it failed, v1.2r6 installed without any problems. Anyone tried a slipstream WinXP SP3 ?

I just did the same on a test installation within VirtualBox - fresh RIS
setup with Slipstreamed SP3. Upgrade path of the RIS image:
- Original Windows XP SP1 german (did not try EN yet)
- Slipstreamed SP2
- Slipstreamed various patches
- Slipstreamed SP3

I did not re-create the image from scratch, just additionally
slipstreamed SP3. I heard that in some cases omitting the installation
of SP2 causes problems with some applications

Then I installed WPKG Client 1.2.1 (final) and it worked without any
problem.

When looking at your log it seems that thre is a problem to read from
the temporary Installer location. Quite strange.

Did anyone else run some tests?