[wpkg-users] expand variables in debug output?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri May 16 18:51:24 CEST 2008

Hi Joe,

Joe wrote:
> Is there any way to expand variables in the debug output?

No, this is not planned yet. However I made a note here locally that I
could identify some of the debug messages where this could be helpful.
Doing it in all debug messages has two major drawbacks:
- Some debug messages should not be expanded
- Expanding all messages is a waste of resources

So I prefer to pick a few debug messages where the variables could
probably be printed after expanding as well (printing the variable name
and somehow its value in braces). But again, I don't want to do that for
all messages.