[wpkg-users] Profile inconsitency: Package with ID 'imageresize' is listed in profile but ...

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue May 20 09:15:00 CEST 2008

Hi Jose,

Jose Cortijo wrote:
> But before I tried to run it in my own computer from cmd.
> I get an error the wpkg database is empty It should be empty as far I
> didnt install any softwarre yet.
> I create the variable SOFTWARE with the value path to software folder in
> the server and run manually the script.
>
> coudl you give me any suggestion??

Sure, let's try to sort it out.

> Successfully loaded XML file: \\DELCHNPEK-FS002\WPKG-1.0.2\profiles.xml
> Reading XML file: //DELCHNPEK-FS002/WPKG-1.0.2/profiles/default.xml

So two profile definition files have been read. Probably profiles.xml is
just the sample one included. You might remove it.

> Successfully loaded XML file: \\DELCHNPEK-FS002\WPKG-1.0.2\hosts.xml

OK, it seems to use host.xml. No host definitions stored within the
hosts/ subdirectory.

> Successfully loaded XML file: \\DELCHNPEK-FS002\WPKG-1.0.2\packages.xml
> Reading XML file: //DELCHNPEK-FS002/WPKG-1.0.2/packages/imageresize.xml

Good, here it read pacakges.xml (probably just the sample file
included). You might remove it if you don't need the packages defined
there. Reading "imageresize.xml" seems to be fine too.

OK; the profile assigned (look at hosts.xml) ist "default".

> Hosts file contains 1 hosts:
> DELCHNPEK-WIT01

Just one host? Hmm, you might consider to use a regular expression for
productive use. Something like ".+" will match all hosts.

> Settings file contains 0 packages:

This is correct - your local wpkg.xml has not been written yet.

> Packages file contains 4 packages:
> wpkg1
> wpkg2
> wpkg3
> time

Looks a bit like the default list of packages. And here the problem
seems to be actually. The default "packages.xml" includes exactly these
4 sample packages. It seems that either your "imageresize.xml" does not
contain any package - or you just copied an entry and forgot to change
the ID to "imageresize". Your package definition within imageresize.xml
should looks something like:

<packages>
     <package
	id="imageresize"
	name="Image Resize"
	revision="1"
	reboot="false"
	priority="100">

     </package>
</packages>

> Profile file contains 4 profiles:
> default
> custom
> administration
> other

Correct - and as seen above "default" is applied to the host.

> Using profile(s):
> default

Seems to be correct most probably.

> Adding package with ID 'imageresize' to profile packages.
> Profile inconsitency: Package with ID 'imageresize' is listed in profile
> but doe
> s not exist within  the package database or the local settings file.
> Please cont
> act your system administrator!

As named above - WPKG did not find any package definition with
id="imageresize" in its header. Please verify your imageresize.xml
definition file.

Hope this helps and gives you some more background about how WPKG works.