[wpkg-users] Command with pipe character

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Fri Nov 21 12:14:09 CET 2008

Hello,

I need to deploy an extension for OpenOffice.org. This can be done
silently with
"...\OpenOffice.org\program\unopkg.com add --shared <extension>.

However, this extension requires to accept a license, so I found that a
silent install would need to look like
"echo Yes | "%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\unopkg.com" add
--shared %SOFTWARE%\openoffice\extension.oxt"

This works on the command line, and I entered it like above in the WPKG
web frontend, but via WPKG it does not work. Looking at the logs I found
that the pipe character got escaped, it said
"Command 'echo Yes \| "%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice.org
2.4\program\unopkg.com" add --shared
%SOFTWARE%\openoffice\extension.oxt' was not successful | The system
cannot find the file specified". But on the command line it works even
with the escape, so what could be the problem? And yes, I am sure that
%SOFTWARE% is set correctly.

Bye,
Andreas