[wpkg-users] mail notification for installations/upgrades

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Nov 10 13:20:32 CET 2008

Hi Ben,

Ben Hartmann wrote:
> I'm searching for an easy solution to get a notification for every
> upgrade/installation (incl errors) on
> my wpkg-clients via mail. Has anyone already a solution for this?

WPKG supports detailed logging mechanism. You might run a server-side
monitoring process which is watching the shared log folder and parses
the files for lines logged with ERROR severity. Such a script could
trigger any kind of action (including sending a report e-mail).

And no, I currently do not have such a solution yet ready to be used.

Probably somebody else has...