[wpkg-users] Remove does not start upgrade

Marc Hennes Marc.Hennes at financial.com
Fri Nov 14 11:52:10 CET 2008

> > Here is some debug output:

> I think this log misses some entries. Especially I cannot see the whole
> debug output where WPKG checks the existene of a package and verifies
> the install state by checks. Probably you could post the following:

> - Full log file
> - Current package definition (XML file)
> - Client settings file (%SystemRoot%\system32\wpkg.xml)

See attached files.

> It is true that WPKG will do an upgrade of a package before the remove
> process is started. Are you sure the package is still available to WPKG
> on the server side?

Of course it is. The package is mentioned in the log.

> WPKG can do an upgrade only if the same package
> (package ID "gtk269") in your case is still available on the server.
> Probably you canged the package ID too - if you did so, then your "new"
> package is not related to the installed GTK package from WPKG point of
> view. So if you changed the package ID to "gtk2691" or something else,
> then WPKG cannot do the upgrade.

You described the goal I want to achieve but at the moment I have two GTK+ packages. I wanted to remove the old GTK+ package from the profile and replace it with the new one. Therefore I first tried to remove the old package by starting wpkg.js with /remove flag. And mentioned that the uninstall string is broken. So I increased the revision of the old package, added a bogo upgrade command and corrected the uninstall string.

Marc

financial.com AG

Munich head office/Hauptsitz M?nchen: Maria-Probst-Str. 19 | 80939 M?nchen | Germany
Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach
Register court/Handelsregister: Munich - HRB 128 972 | Sales tax ID number/St.Nr.: DE205 370 553