[wpkg-users] Regex in depend tag? Or other method?

Robin Roevens robin.roevens at cocks.be
Fri Oct 3 14:09:33 CEST 2008

Hello all

I'm fairly new to WPKG and considering to use it so at the moment I'm
designing the packages and profiles that I'm hoping to use...
But I stumbled on a practical problem: Some computers have/need firefox
1.5 and some have/need firefox 3.x .. So I have 2 packages: firefox15 and
firefox3
But then I also have AdobeFlash-firefoxplugin as a package, which depends
on firefox.. Can you already see my problem here?

Is there a way for this package to depend on firefox15 OR firefox3
whatever is installed without having to create 2 seperate packages with
the dependancy as the only difference.
I was thinking about using a regex "firefox.+", but since it is nowhere
documented, I assume it is not implemented in wpkg either and regexes only
work on hosts?
Or is there some other decent method to handle this problem?

Even greater would probably be that there is a bit more version-control.
So packages with a same name can exist as long as the revision differs.
Then there could be dependencies to packages of at least revision x or
with a revision lower than y and such.. and maybe even a stable and a
testing/unstable branch, or is that going over the top? :-)

Thanks

Robin
--
** Email Disclaimer:
** This e-mail and the information it contains may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.  Access by the intended recipient only is authorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.  Any review, distribution, reproduction, publication or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.