[wpkg-users] wpkg and firewalls/scanners....

Kevin Landers landersk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:37:43 CEST 2008

I have just started playing with wpkg. I have created a samba share and
loaded 7zip via the client. So far, I am impressed and pleased.

I am curious as to how wpkg deals with firewalls and other programs that are
installed to protect against installation of spyware. For example, I could
foresee a huge issue with firewall software such as Comodo Firewall with
Defense+ running.

In a normal installation of software by a user, Comodo Firewall has to be
set to treat the installer as an actual installer and prompts the user for
permission to do so.

How does wpkg handle such things?

Do people have problems with firewalls/virus scanners/etc when using wpkg to
deploy remote installs?

Thanks for a great program. I look forward to hearing from the masses and
learning more about this wonderful solution.

landersk