[wpkg-users] login delays

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Oct 13 10:58:57 CEST 2008

Brian May schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason this is an issue again. I thought it was resolved. :-(
>

> There seem to be two problems:
>
> 1. Network disconnected.
>
> The event log seems to be revealing (copied by hand):
>
> 4:16:50PM Offline mode: server connecting method selected/
> 4:16:51PM System query service status
> 4:16:55PM Server connecting failed
> 4:16:55PM Working done: Perform cleanup
> 4:17:50PM Cleanup done.
>
> So it seems to spend 55 seconds in cleanup when the network isn't
> connected, which works out to be 1 minutes total, or the time of the
> login delay parameter (coincidence?).
>

> 2. Network connected. It seems to take about one minute of delay before
> wpkg is even started. As far as I can tell it isn't a network issue, the
> network works fine. Nothing is logged in the event log or wpkg log until
> after wpkg starts.
>

> Both issues occurred on a new installation of windows with wpkg 1.3.5 (I
> need to check if this is the latest).
>

> Any ideas?

Sorry that it doesn't work for you.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue here, which is needed to get
the bug fixed.
Unless someone provides access to an affected machine (VNC + RDP)...

It seems to be related to some network card models, hardware... I don't
know for sure.

All I can recommend is to schedule WPKG to start on machine shutdown,
available in WPKG Client 1.3.5.