[wpkg-users] Question about system account

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Oct 16 15:54:51 CEST 2008

Brian Reese schrieb:
> Hey guys,
> First off I'd like to say that WPKG is pretty nice and helps us solve a bunch of issues. I've recently been trying to get more advanced with my configuration, and put it into production with all clients, instead of IT just using it to rebuild or reconfigure machines. I have a couple questions:
>
> With regards to the SYSTEM account, I'm not certain about how windows handles system account privileges, but it seems like to me that using the non-passworded  SYSTEM account could be a security breech. I was told it isn't and I assume you guys wouldn't set the default to something that would have issues, but if someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it :)

Why does it seem to you a security breach?

> Also, I read somewhere in this email group that one of the new versions allows WPKG to run upon shutdown instead of startup, is it version 1.3.5 and when will that be considered "stable".

Yes, it's version 1.3.5.
It should be more already more stable than 1.2.x (several issues present
in 1.2.x were fixed).

> And are you guys planning to support the web interface? Which by the way looks nice but I haven't gotten into yet. Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, main WPKG web interface contributor is unable to develop
it any more.

The interface is mostly done, but it doesn't support features added to
wpkg.js recently.

Anyone who knows a bit PHP, shouldn't have problems maintaining it.