[wpkg-users] CDBurnerXPPro

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Oct 20 18:29:14 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed a problem with the CDBurnerXPPro rules on Vista:

> The problem is the dotnet20 dependency (required on Windows XP):

Yes, it depends on .NET framework but on Vista you do not need to
install it. That's why my .NET framework WPKG package looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<packages>

<package id='DOTNET' name='.NET Runtime' revision='20' priority='50'
reboot='false' >
  <!-- Microsoft .NET Framework Runtime -->
  <check type='logical' condition='or'>
  <check type='file' condition='exists'
path='%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\netfxsbs12.hkf' />
  <check type='uninstall' condition='exists' path='Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0' />
  </check>
  <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\software.free\DotNet Runtime
v.2.0\unattended.cmd"' >
    <exit code='194' reboot='true' />
    <exit code='1603' />
    <exit code='3010' reboot='true' />
  </install>
  <upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\software.free\DotNet Runtime
v.2.0\unattended.cmd"' >
    <exit code='194' reboot='true' />
    <exit code='1603' />
    <exit code='3010' reboot='true' />
  </upgrade>
</package>

</packages>

unattended.cmd is simply:

@echo off
echo Installing .NET framework
set INSTALL_LOC=%~dp0
start /wait "DOTNET" "%INSTALL_LOC%dotnetfx.exe" /q:a /c:"install /q"

The WPKG package will check if
"%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\netfxsbs12.hkf" exists (which
yields true on Vista basic installation). Therefore the package is
assumed to be installed by WPKG even if no installer has been run. This
works fine for me on XP and Vista.