[wpkg-users] Vista service

Michael Ugilt michael at ugilt.net
Tue Oct 28 21:22:11 CET 2008

Thanks for helping out!
I install the service by a login script from a samba share (KIX script)

LOGIN SCRIPT
============
;
; install wpkg as a service
;
if not exist("c:\programmer\wpkg\wpkgsrv.exe")
	MESSAGEBOX ("Installerer WPKG...", "Info", 0, 10)
	SHELL "l:\wpkg-inst.bat"
	SHUTDOWN ("","Genstart af PC nødvendig...", 5, 1)
endif

; Make sure latest settings.xml is in use at next boot
SHELL "c:\programmer\wpkg\wpkginst --SETTINGSFILE=l:\settings.xml"

Wpkg.inst-bat
=============
echo Installing WPKG...
mkdir "c:\program files\wpkg" > nul:
COPY L:\wpkginst.exe "c:\program files\wpkg" > nul:
COPY L:\wpkglogon.dll "c:\program files\wpkg" > nul:
COPY L:\wpkgsrv.exe "c:\program files\wpkg" > nul:

c:\programmer\wpkg\wpkgsrv.exe /install
c:\programmer\wpkg\wpkginst --SETTINGSFILE=l:\settings.xml

I have attached my settings.xml

If I check the running processes after login I do not see wpkg service
running so my guess is that it's not launched during boot!?!?!

Digging into the windows eventviewer I see an error (translated) in the
lines of "Service WPKG is marked as inactive service. The system is not
configured to allow inactive services"

My eventviewer has some entries for WPKG - attached

Any clues?

Thx
Mike