[wpkg-users] deploy to a pilot group first?

Kent Tong kent at cpttm.org.mo
Tue Sep 23 05:01:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

Suppose that there is an existing package which now has a new version,
assuming
that it can perform an in-place upgrade, it is easy to deploy the new
version
with wpkg: just modify the revision attribute and the install and upgrade
commands.

However, I'd like to deploy it to pilot group first. To avoid deploying to
all users,
I can't modify the existing <package>. It means I have to create a new
<package>.
If they have the same package id, then it will confuse wpkg, right? If they
have
different package ids, then wpkg will execute the install command instead of
the upgrade command.

An approach to this problem is to let different groups see a different set
of available
packages, then the problem will be solved.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks!

-----
--