[wpkg-users] java update interactive

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Wed Sep 10 08:45:56 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> It would be interesting to know why msiexec reported an error.
> Error 1603 is a fatal error, but it doesn't tell much.
>
> Adding /log C:\log.txt to msiexec parameters should give you a full
> msiexec log; inspecting it might give some clues.

Unfortunately getting access to the computer in question is going to be
awkward (too many higher priority tasks getting in the way at the
moment), so I probably will look at this issue again when I get back
from annual leave at the end of the month.

Hmmm... Could the error be because it is already installed, and the
version check failed for some weird unknown reason?

Brian May