[wpkg-users] Custom connecting script always fails

James Cort james.cort at u4eatech.com
Tue Sep 16 17:18:02 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>    net start "System Restore Service" >> C:\temp\location.txt
>
> Do you see anything in the Event Log when starting this service?

No; to be honest once I'd found the workaround I stopped trying to debug
the issue.

If that line is removed, execution stops at the call to cscript which
follows.

> Also, how can it stop doing anything in line 31, where it first connects
> to the server in line 33, and you say Samba logs the file is accessed
> just fine:
>
>   %WINDIR%\system32\cscript //B //nologo "\\atlas\wpkg\sysrestorept...

It downloads the initial script just fine.  I didn't say anything about
the VBScript that gets called as part of it...

What I didn't say because I didn't want to cloud the issue was that I
don't think the problem is directly related to my script; I wrote a
script in AutoIT which does the same thing and compiled it and found
that the AutoIT script (which I'm using as the "Execute before...") and
which logs everything it does to a file doesn't appear to execute -
well, it doesn't get as far as logging so much as a single line.

--
James Cort

IT Manager
U4EA Technologies Ltd.