[wpkg-users] Deploy over Internet

M. Jason Stewart mjstewie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:26:01 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Adam Williams
<awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> more info, http://wpkg.org/News and http://wpkg.org/Download
>
> i've never tried HTTP installs, you'll have to read the docs or ask Rainer
> Meier.  Why can't you set up a VPN for your 200 remote PCs?  I don't know
> much about Citrix or your network, but if all of the 200 computers are on
> the same LAN at one or a handful of LANs at a handful of remote offices, you
> could VPN them if you have some spare computers laying around you could
> install linux on with an OpenVPN or vtun vpn.

More like 200 separate DSL connections. We use Citrix as an
alternative to individual VPNs. If you're not familiar, just think
Teminal Services over HTTPS. Users get their applications via a web
portal, it's like remote desktop for individual applications.  As
such, the client machines are not joined to our domain- they are just
stand alone PCs.
Thanks for the links, looks like I have some more reading and
experimenting to do.