[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:36:02 CEST 2009

> well he said that his guest account was prompting for a password. but
> see, XP/Vista/whatever is already connected to the server as a certain
> username, and then you are also trying to connect as guest (but it may
> not matter since wpkg is connecting as the system user and not whomever
> he is logged in as). But i'd add
>
> map to guest = bad user
> map to guest = bad password
>
> to the [global] section in smb.conf and make sure he has guest ok = Yes
> in his [wpkg] share.
>
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > Adam Williams schrieb:
> >> whats your smb.conf? sounds like you have a samba misconfiguration.
> >
> > Hmm, I wonder - were there any people reporting this issue with
> > Windows domain controllers/servers?

Thanks for the replies so far - unfortunately I have no access to the Linux server as they are sent pre-configured from the supplier and then installed by our Local Authority.

I am going to ask our LA if they can set me up (or tell me how to set up) an open share for WPKG use as this would be easier all round.

Chris