[wpkg-users] WPKG Client (1.0.4) with /logLevel:31 but almost no information in logfile

Frank Thommen structures-it at embl-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 29 19:11:32 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Frank Thommen schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> to debug an installation problem I'm currently having, I set the
>> following WPKG client settings (with the GUI):
>>
>>     WPKG parameters: /synchronize /nonotify /logLevel:31
>>     Log to file: yes
>>     Logfile: C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\wpkg
>>

>> However when restarting or starting the WPKG service, only very basic
>> informations are written to it:
>>
>> 2009-04-29 18:20:25 -> Cleanup done.
>> [...]
>
> This is the Windows Event Log - and events logged by WPKG Client.
>

>> I also tried the /debug option to no avail.
>
> The parameters you gave are for wpkg.js - and it logs to a _file_
> specified in config.xml.

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused, so I ask again to be sure:  The file
defined in the "Misc Settings" tab of the WPKG client is *not* the file,
the WPKG client logs to?  Instead in this file it writes the information
it would otherwise write to the Event Log?

If yes: Isn't that a little bit confusing :-) ?

frank