[wpkg-users] WPKG Client (1.0.4) with /logLevel:31 but almost no information in logfile

Frank Thommen structures-it at embl-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 29 19:37:01 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Frank Thommen schrieb:
>
>> [...]
>
> There are two components here:
> - WPKG Client - it starts wpkg.js
> - WPKG (wpkg.js) - it installs programs etc.
>
> Both have independent logging.
>
> Logging for WPKG (wpkg.js) is specified in config.xml file.

OK. My misconception was, that the settings from the WPKG client GUI in
fact *were* settings for wpkg.js.

However: In config.xml I've now set

    <param name='debug' value='true' />
    <param name='logfilePattern' value='wpkg-[HOSTNAME]-[YYY].log' />

while not changing the other (default) values.  (Re)starting the WPKG
service does not yield any logging or a new logfile in %TEMP%.

frank