[wpkg-users] ++Mailshell: Re: ++Mailshell: Re: Question about depends and chain

grubi CAGYKZCNMKSY at spammotel.com
Tue Aug 4 21:52:53 CEST 2009

Hi Rainer.
> I fully agree. It was not my intention to mention that I am going to remove it.
> I will keep it for sure.

That's good news.

I think the two (depends on package and profile level) are really two
different instruments to achive different goals.

For me depends on package level is more unsterstood as technical
dependency like if you want to
to install "office patches" it requires "office" itself to be installed.

Depends on profile level for me is more a oranizational or structural
dependency like the profile
"financial-pc" depends on the profile "generic-windows-pc".

Regards
grubi.