[wpkg-users] Having difficulty with PSPad silent install on WPKG

Bill Prentice Bprentice at campuspartners.com
Tue Dec 1 18:17:50 CET 2009

Uninstall is unfortunately not the issue - the issue is that running the
install via WPKG does not put the desktop and quick launch icons out the
way running the same command via the workstation does. I.E. :

pspad454inst_en.exe /SILENT /loadinf="\\server\Packages\Custom\PSPad
4.5.4.2365\pspad454.inf"

-or-

pspad454inst_en.exe /SILENT /TASKS=multiuser,icons,contextmenu

works fine via the command line on a PC (software installs, add/remove
programs entry created, desktop icon, quick launch icon, program group).

But running that same command via WPKG gets everything BUT the desktop
and quick launch icons. It's almost as if when it tries to place the
files in All Users (like it does when installed manually) and can't

Kind regards,

Bill Prentice