[wpkg-users] Strange side effect

Johannes.Brix at evidian.com Johannes.Brix at evidian.com
Fri Dec 4 13:58:41 CET 2009

>> Hello all,
>>
>> in my organisation, I encounter a strange problem on PCs where MS
Office
>> 2000 is installed.
>> Everytime WPKG starts a MSI installation, it triggers an update of
Office.

>> There is no problem on PCs without MS Office 2000 or with other
versions
>> of MS Office.
>>
>> Installing MSI packages by hand do also NOT trigger the problem.
>>
>> Has anybody seen this problem? Is it possible to suppress this
behaviour?

>> Kind regards
>> Johannes
>

> Can you please copy your Office package xml file into an e-mail to look
at?

> Is anything shown in Event Viewer to say what is going on?  WPKG logs
most events to here and it may help tell you why this is happening.

> Chris

Hello Chris,

there is no entry in the eventlogs from WPKG and Office 2000 is not
installed by WPKG - there are only a few PCs
which have it and there it is installed by hand.
But the bad thing is that on these PCs, each installation or update of a
MSI package executed by WPKG triggers Office 2000 to be updated.

Johannes