[wpkg-users] WPKG with winexe (as an alternative to WPKG Client)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Dec 22 09:58:51 CET 2009

On 22.12.2009 08:40, Falko Trojahn (SMI) wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>>
>> You can find more info and source code on:
>>
>> http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_winexe
>>
> that's a great thing - so I'll try that soon - thank you very much,
> and keep up with your good work!
>>
>> Feel free to comment, send corrections (as patches) etc.
>>

> Why do you use
>
> taskkill /F /IM wpkgsrv.exe
>

> and not "net stop wpkgservice" - wouldn't the taskkill stop Wpkg Client
> in the middle of its operation?

Yes, it's a "hard" method and it could indeed kill WPKG Client while it
does something.

However, "net stop wpkgservice" may not always work properly (or work
very long), so as a one-off measure, it should do the trick.

sc config wpkgservice start= disabled

should disable WPKG Client service completely, so it wouldn't start
after the next reboot.

> And, it would be nice to have: INCLUDEIPS instead or in addition to
> IGNOREIPS.

Feel free to send a patch ;)