[wpkg-users] Make difference between 64-bit and 32bit Package according to installed OS?

Mathieu Simon mathieu.sim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 17:39:03 CET 2009

Hi

I started using wpkg a while ago for some testing. While I am positively
surprised by its neat concept I got some questions, here is one which
urges me :)
Is there already capability in wpkg.js to recognize if it is working on
a x86 or a x64 OS?

Because I have x64 and x86 on my machines I made 2 packages declarations
for e.g. slinksvn wich I called then
slinksvn-x86 and slinksvn-x64. I made a profile dev-x86 and dev-x64
which is associated manually to the computer which has the corresponding
architecture.

While this solutions works fine you will need to have a good eye on
packaging in mixed environments because you have to know, which host
needs to get the x64 package and which the x86 one. Did I oversee
something on the docs?

BTW: I was keen enough to upgrade some small silent installers in the
wiki (Quicktime alternative was quite outdated and broken). Hopin' I'm
not offending old wpkg users :-)

Cheers
Mathieu