[wpkg-users] Active development?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Feb 17 20:17:20 CET 2009

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Haddock wrote:
> Just started using WPKG and it seems quite helpful, will contribute to
> the wiki as soon as I get chance too.  I was just wondering if WPKG is
> still being actively developed?

Yes it is. Look at the traffic in the mailing list and you will see that
there are some discussions going on.

You might also have a look at the SVN repository:
<http://wpkg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wpkg/wpkg/current-development/>

Last check-in of wpkg.js update was done about 46 hours ago.

Well, the reason there are not much releases in the past months is that
WPKG just works fine for most of us. There are some pending requests for
features which will be included in the upcoming 1.1.x release but there
is no really blocking issue open where there is no easy work-around
available.

Hmm, somehow this seems to happen to a lot of projects where I
contribute. No changes required for years and people start to think "the
project is dead". But in fact it just works and I am using it since
years without modification.