[wpkg-users] Install/Upgrade a package only if this program is installed

Kamil Maciejewski kamil at borgautomotive.pl
Mon Jan 5 12:02:31 CET 2009

 Hello. I have a question - since there is a group of programs that
users can install even without admin rights and there are some programs
that we need to install only on some machines without changing WPKG
group membership I'd like to ask - is there a possibility to create a
package in the main default group that would install the latest version
of the program only if there's an older version.

Example:

If there is Winamp installed -> install the latest version (tags
<install> or <upgrade>
if no Winamp installed -> do nothing and exit with '0' code.

I know I can go around and do this with doing something like this:

<check type="logical" condition="or">
<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Winamp" />
<check type="file" condition="exists" path="c:\SOME_FILE.TXT" />
<install cmd="IF EXIST C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMP.EXE THEN
%SOFTWARE%\WINAMP\SETUP.EXE /S /install=SFQR" ELSE COPY
%SOFTWARE%\SOME_FILE.TXT C:" />

So it will always execute the package and install Winamp if there's an
older version or copy the SOME_FILE.TXT file if there's no winamp at
all, and then if winamp is installed or the file is present it will
check the package installation is OK.

But I would rather like to create a package that would not be run at all
if there would be no winamp istalled. Is this possible?

**

*
*