[wpkg-users] Question about wpkg

Luca Manganelli luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it
Thu Jan 29 09:31:41 CET 2009

----- "Rainer Meier" <r.meier at wpkg.org> ha scritto:

> Yes it can. Basically WPKG is a service running in background. All
> its
> tasks can be performed in background. The logon delay is just imposed
> if
> configured on WPKG client. Nobody forces you to use this feature.
> Personally I never used it in production.

And can WPKG inform the user with a dialog box "Installing <application>, please be patient..."?

Another question.

Can WPKG do this:

 1) download the package in local computer in background, during user session, NOT after login, but at a random time from 30 minutes to 5 hours (to avoid bandwitdh consumption, I have to manage 1000 PCs)

 2) the download can be "limited in speed", like at 20KB/sec?

 3) install it at the next user login?