[wpkg-users] How to define remove with logical or

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Jan 29 20:44:58 CET 2009

Hi Rainer,
    there is currently no upgrade task defined, so there would be nothing done.
Hope this is no error for WPKG.

---
Stefan

Rainer Meier wrote:

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
> Hi,
>    one last thing, since I already installed some machines using the package definition and altered it now to use a batch file for the remove task, will it be sufficient to increase the version number of the package to get the remove information updated on the already installed clients?

If you increase the package version please note that WPKG will invoke
the upgrade command(s) defined. For MSI packages this does not matter
because msiexec will terminate immediately without doing any change on
the system.

So yes, it's the correct way to change the commands and then increase
the package version number.