[wpkg-users] Weird behaviour of Gimp-installer

Alexander Meyer meyer at spot-media.de
Mon Jul 13 13:26:57 CEST 2009

Hi List,

i'm experiencing some very weird problems with the Gimp-installer. First off, this is my packages.xml-entry for the Gimp:

<package
  id="gimp26"
  name="GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)"
  revision="2605"
  reboot="false"
  priority="20">
  <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="GIMP 2.6.5"/>
  <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\gimp\gimp-2.6.5-i686-setup.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /DIR="%PROGRAMFILES%\GIMP"'/>
  <upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\gimp\gimp-2.6.5-i686-setup.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /DIR="%PROGRAMFILES%\GIMP"'/>
  <remove cmd='"%programfiles%\GIMP\setup\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART' />
</package>

When i try to install the package the installer exits with return code 1, which indicates, that the initialiazation of the installer failed.
And that's about all the info i can get from wpkg, even with the highest debug level.
Now i made two very strange observations:

1. When i issue the install-cmd by hand it works like a charm (and this is not due to some undefined variables as i use them in other packages too).

2. when i delete the "/dir" option from the install-cmd it also works which would indicate that there actually _is_ something wrong with the %PROGRAMFILES%-variable.
I then double-checked by adding an additional install-cmd which just writes the contents of the variable to a tempfile and confirmed that it containes "C:\Programme" (w/o the quotes).

I searched the archives but found nothing helpfull. Has anyone any idea what could cause this?

Regards,

Alexander

--
spot-media AG