[wpkg-users] Check commands for OpenOffice extensions

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jul 2 14:08:38 CEST 2009

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> The point is that WPKGWeb does not seem to support such new features, or
> is it able to detect the WPKG version? I really doubt, since WPKGWeb is
> more than 2 years old. I have posted another question regarding
> WPKGExpress, if that would work with WPKG 1.1.1 and migration of the
> database would be possible, I'd give it a try.

This is true. WPKG-Web does not support execute style checks and as it is not
maintained any more it's unlikely to support it in the near future.

I am currently using WPKG-Web too but to migrate is quite easy. WPKG-Web allows
you to export either a complete packages.xml or individual XML files to be
placed in packages/.

Migrating to WPKGExpress later (when it's stable) should be easy too as it
supports importing XML files.

So migration of the database is not needed at all. Just export your packages,
hosts and profiles from WPKG-web to XML files, install WPKGexpress and re-import
in WPKGexpress.

btw. Please respond to the list too. This might help others fixing the same issues.