[wpkg-users] WPKG 1.1.0 reboot loop during upgrade

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 7 16:36:22 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,

Mark Cooke wrote:
> By the way, did reboot=true always restart immediately in earlier versions
> of WPKG ?  I'm a bit surprised I didn't see this situation with 0.9, but it
> is possible it didn't arise with how I was packaging programs then.

I am not fully sure about version 0.9. I "forked" from 0.9 and I thought that
most of the behavior was kept untouched.
However I made some changes in the check and install code to assure that a
package is really installed (and not just the commands are executed and then
"assume" that it is installed). So maybe WPKG 0.9 was adding the package
immediately to the local wpkg.xml even before the reboot. From my point of view
this is wrong because this would add a package to the "known to be installed
properly" list even before it is fully installed.

In general I would say I don't care too much any more about version 0.9 - there
might be small changes here and there but in most cases upgrading is possible
without changing the packages. If somebody faces problems like you we can give
an advise how to resolve it.