[wpkg-users] windows7 and wpkg

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jul 16 13:20:27 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Schramm wrote:
> is it possible to use WPKG 1.1.1 under Windows 7?  Have anyone any
> experience or tips how to use wpkg under win7? I plan to use wpkg to
> install my software to windows7 (600clients). And the software runs
> gread under  windows xp. I will not lose this tool.

As far as I know there are a couple of problems with the current RC of Windows 7
when using WPKG client. However we are confident that we will be able to sort
them out as soon as Windows 7 is released (maybe these problems will be fixed by
Microsoft until then).

wpkg.js itself is running fine on Windows 7. I've used it already and all
changes needed are already part of wpkg.js. So no updated to be expected here.