[wpkg-users] How do I configure WPKG so it automatically updates?

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Tue Jul 21 15:30:26 CEST 2009

> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to set up WPKG so that it updates automatically at midnight.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Is there an option in WPKG or do I need to use task scheduler? And how would I use task scheduler if yes?

There is no option to update at midnight, you could use WPKG Client to update at shutdown.

To update at midnight you need to use the scheduler.

You could create a batch file similar to the one below.

Rem ---code start (watch for line wraps)
@echo off

Set SOFTWARE={UNC-path to share}
Set WPKG_ROOT={UNC-path to WPKG folder}

cscript.exe "%WPKG_ROOT%\wpkg.js" /synchronize /nonotify /quiet /sendStatus

Rem ---code end

---
Stefan