[wpkg-users] Problems then changing profiles.

Marc Hennes mh at financial.com
Mon Jul 27 10:47:31 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 27.07.2009, 09:49 +0200 schrieb Sergey Karapetyan:
> Hello Gyus!
>
> I have 300 computers with wpkg and "default" profile already installed.
> If in 100 of that 300 i must add one program to profile how can i do this?
>
> 1)if i create new profile for that 100 computers, then i need remove %systemroot%\system32\wpkg.xml on this computers before new profile apply, otherwise all packages in "default" profile will be removed
>
> but why? is this correctly?

There should be no need to delete wpkg.xml as it only helds installed
packages and no profile information. If your new profile contains all
packages of the default profile plus the new program nothing should be
uninstalled.
You could achive this by addind a depend on the default progile in the
new profile.

> 2)can add packages in that 100 computers some another way?

You could create a profile which contains only your new software and add
this profile to the 100 hosts additional to the default profile.

Marc

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach