[wpkg-users] Env variables within WPKG vars in <check /> statements do not resolve

Chris Allen callen at katmairesearch.com
Tue Jun 9 21:43:03 CEST 2009

After upgrading to v 1.1 most of my problems with wpkg variables went away.
However I still have one.  I can't use an environment variable within a wpkg
variable in a check statement.  The following fails:

<variable name='cygroot' value='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\cygwin' />

<check type="file" condition="exists" path="%cygroot%\Cygwin.bat" />

The problem appears only when using nested variables.  These examples work
fine:

<variable name='cygroot' value='C:\cygwin\cygwin' />

<check type="file" condition="exists" path="%cygroot%\Cygwin.bat" />

Or:

<check type="file" condition="exists" path="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\cygwin\Cygwin.bat"
/>