[wpkg-users] package is run one more time after removal

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:28:53 CEST 2009

Rainer Meier wrote:

> You did not answer yet if your packages define some checks.

I believe I published my package in my last post - I think you missed it :)
It does not have any checks

> The only difference (and that's what is irritating you I think) is that
> WPKG is
> going to verify the package on each run.

The irritation is that I have removed a package from a profile but WPKG
thinks it is OK to run the package one more time :)

I don't call that verification - I call that program execution.

I can understand why it has been introduced to deal with debugging faulty
uninstall scripts but don't see why it cannot behave in a more logical way
for simpler cases with no uninstall commands.

> But your package assumes to be run on
> each WPKG run anyway if you specify execute=always, so running it once
> more
> should not be a problem.

Can you imagine the frustration that would be caused to you if the cscript
engine decided to
run a line of code that you'd just removed from wpkg.js for the next run
only :)

Makes things very tricky to debug.

The package I posted here was the simplest package to behave in the way
described.

regards

Simon