[wpkg-users] package is run one more time after removal

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:27:06 CEST 2009

I would like to know if WPKG would behave as you expected if you comment out
(or
> delete) line 4547 (WPKG 1.1.1-RC0) ...

Yes - that seems to make WPKG behave as I'd like :-)

> If that works for you I am thinking about to make the
> upgrade-before-remove
> feature optional by introducing a new flag to disable it. For most
> use-cases
> this feature assists self-healing of the package structure but it would
> enable
> you to switch it off in order to prevent that packages which are removed
> are
> verified (and in your case (execute=always, no checks) that these packages
> are
> run once more right before removal).

The flag idea sounds like a good idea :)

Another possibility, (But a lot more work!) would be to check to see if an
uninstall parameter exists - if no parameter exists then WPKG could ignore
the installPackage(serverPackage) line automatically - if an uninstall
parameter exists then the existing behaviour of trying to update before
removal could be kept.

regards

Simon