[wpkg-users] Tools Folder Not Working

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 5 22:36:29 CEST 2009

Chris Allen wrote:

(...)

> and the list goes on...  Not trying to sell 2008, but I've been working
> with Windows domains for quite a number of years now and this is the
> biggest baddest upgrade yet.  IMO it's definitely worth the $$$.  :-)
>
> In anycase, after %TOOLS% is defined on each system through my GPO, I
> can then do the following in packages.xml
> /
> <install cmd='%TOOLS%\nircmd.exe ...' />/
>
> This insures that my tools work within WPKG client and when I call
> wpkg.js directly.  It also has the benefit of being defined in only one
> place.

Be careful of setting configuration in GPO and WPKG, if both offer the
same possibility (i.e. set up variables, deploy MSI packages) -
especially in multi-admin environment.

It may lead to a situation where one admin defines something in GPO,
then the other admin defines something else in WPKG - which can lead to
"interesting" effects (i.e. GPO installing packages and WPKG removing them).