[wpkg-users] running a task at logoff

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Fri Jun 19 12:39:35 CEST 2009

simplesi wrote:

I run wpkg as a bat file in all users/programs/startup.

I run another program in startup (a choose program to choose what network
folder to map to a drive letter) and I need to update that program.

Unfortunately, since it is running at the same time as wpkg, I can't
overwrite it using wpkg :)

Is there a simple way of getting a one-off task to run at logoff that anyone
can think of?

Or a method of killing the running program (its an autoit script) before
running my upgrade command
<<
The other way is to specify logoff scripts through local group policy.

To automate this you only need to set a registry key to point to your logoff script:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logoff\0\0
ExecTime ... REG_QWORD ... 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Parameters ... REG_SZ ... {any parameters for your script}
Script ... REG_SZ ... {fully qualified path to your script}

---
Stefan