[wpkg-users] No error reported if no upgrade command specified

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Fri Jun 19 12:54:21 CEST 2009

simplesi wrote:

Rainer Meier wrote:

>  Using the logs you can always prove if WPKG really executed the commands
> you expected or not.

AFAICT the log file doesn't indicate that that my expected update has not
been done - wpkg just updates the wpkg.xml version number as if it had been
sucessful. :(

I was just hoping for a warning console/debug output message that an upgrade
had been asked for but that no upgrade command was available :)

> One more hint: The typo (or wrong attribute names...) can be prevented by
> using
> a decent XML editor and the XSD files available since WPKG 1.1. If you
> would use
> <update /> then you would get an immediate validation error by your
> editor.

Good idea - could you recommend one (and a package to deploy it :) )
<<
Notepad++ should be able to help here, you may need to install the additional XML plugin for syntax testing.

---
Stefan